Help talk:Frequently Asked Questions
Open the command-line interface for your OS. For linux, type in:
ln -s ~/.kolmafia /path/to/dropbox/folder/KoLmafia
For a Mac, type in:
ln -s /Library/Application\ Support/KoLmafia /path/to/dropbox/folder/KoLmafia
If you're using a Mac, and the section above made no sense, here are step-by-step instructions that will get you there.
- Open Terminal.app. This is in /Applications/Utilities, or you can just use Spotlight to find it.
- Open Finder, and navigate to the folder containing your Dropbox folder.
- In Terminal, type "cd ", then drag the Dropbox folder onto the Terminal window, then press Enter.
- Leave the quotes out for all of these commands and make sure to include the trailing space. Copy-pasting the commands is advised.
- In Terminal, type "ln -s /Library/Application\ Support/KoLmafia KoLmafia", then press enter.
- You now have a symbolic link, and Dropbox will back up your mafia settings files.
My suggestion; we just create a "Dropbox" page here on the wiki, link to that from the FAQ, add the external link to the text above, and call it a day. Any other input? --StDoodle (#1059825) 02:30, 19 June 2010 (UTC)--184.108.40.206 02:29, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- That seems like a better solution than what we have right now -- I kinda added (rather sloppily) the question on a whim, and it looks like everyone else has just been building off of that foundation. --Heeheehee 03:59, 19 June 2010 (UTC)