Making a Patch
Once you have the source code for Mafia successfully downloaded as in the Compiling from Source page, you will then need to make a patch, as the dev's don't let just anyone update the program. Fortunately, this is very simple, and once you have the patch, post it on the KoLmafia Forums for acceptance.
- Right-click on the KoLmafia folder on your desktop (this assumes you are using Tortoise SVN), click on "TortoiseSVN" and then "Create Patch...".
- A new window then appears. Tick all the files you want to include in the patch (this is probably all of them), and click OK.
- Tortoise SVN then merges all your changes into a single .patch file, which you can then post on the forums.
- cd into the folder where you did your svn checkout
- run svn diff > /tmp/patchname.patch (a list of filenames can optionally be included after diff)
- post the file on the forums for review
Use the Linux instructions
There are a number of different ways to get to the Create Patch dialog. Use any method, including the steps below.
- From the VCS Menu select "Create Patch from Local Changes".
- In the Create Patch dialog, enter a short description in the "Commit Message" Text field.
- Review your changes and make sure they include what you want to have in the patch file and nothing unexpected.
- Select the "Apply Patch..." button.
- Review the suggested patch name.
- Select the "OK" button.
The patch file in the location listed in the Save dialog can be uploaded to the forum.