Front Page Article, Updates, and Questions
I noticed that there does not seem to be an complete guide on datatypes, maps, records, or anything else of the like. Would creating an article on datatypes, constraints, and setups be good? Or should info like that be put into their respective (separate) pages? Another thought also pops to mind; if the wiki were to have a "Beginner's Guide to ASH Scripting" tutorial (similar to the one on KoLMafia's sourceforge, but updated) things like this would fit in it well. Just a thought. Out of practice 04:08, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
EDIT: Also, what should be the procedure for us to follow for linking a function's short description (in one of the front-page articles) with its own (completed) page? I just finished an extensive map_to_file() page (in more detail than you'd expect), and a slightly-less-awesome (but still working) floor() and file_to_map() page, and was wondering how I should link them for the benefit of others (who wouldn't naturally search for its own page). Help:Contents needs an update with the wiki posting standards as well. Are the admins still around regularly?--Out of practice 07:26, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
Let's get started, guys. Soon enough, I'll have a list of all the functions, which I think should go in a wiki page to (as someone above said) search and link. Also, is there a way to do monospacing with code? --MagiNinjA 00:35, 29 March 2007 (CDT)
- You can get mono-spaced text by using <code> tags. For example, using
<code>EXAMPLE TEXT</code>produces this as a result.
- If you need anymore help, just drop me a line on my talk page. —ksumoe (talk • contrib) 18:35, 10 April 2007 (CDT)
These are my ideas that I have floating around in my head:
- A template to put all the relevant information about a function into a table (with proper colored backgrounds and such)
- I can do this; I just need to know what information is 'relevant'.
- Move this type of discussion to the Community Portal. Right now the CP is just a bunch of links (we can make a 'links' page and add it to the sidebar if needed).
- An overhaul of the main page. Someone said that they don't like the 'portal' type of look, but that kind of look has become the de facto standard for wikis, as it is the most popular. I'll pound out a rough draft on a subpage of my user space.
- Creation of a template structure. Templates for requesting deletion, protection, etc. That way non-sysop flagged users can 'tag' pages such as this for deletion.
- Logo! 'Cause we need to be cool like that.
- Define a category structure. Do it now before too many pages get created.
I added some links on the home page -- hope that helps users find more documentation... :) -Daychilde
Links to Redirects?
While I understand the need for redirect, why are we linking to redirect pages? Why not use [[Page Title|Displayed Text]] links instead?
Seriously, protect the front page. This is getting completely destroyed by spam 22.214.171.124 12:05, 27 August 2007 (CDT)
Is $wgSpamRegex set? If not it should be. If it is, it needs updating. Spam storming in like the flood! -divinewind420
Articles on the subject http://nothing.tmtm.com/archives/2571 http://wiki.evernex.com/index.php?title=Blocking_Spam_in_Mediawiki -divinewind420
Current wiki layout
I was just curious if we could get the current wiki main page layout centered? As in simply putting
around the main text.
--ZammyWarrior 16:35, 7 December 2007 (PST)
What do you mean? And please sign your comments --Fewyn 10:59, 6 December 2007 (PST)
As a person that is just starting in this(with no experience at ALL), I was sent to this site and as just a little helping tip, this list lots of functions which should stay that way but it never tells you how to put it all together(or atleast i haven't found the page that does). --Tipmon1995