Reporting a Bug/Requesting a Feature
A Bug Report is submitted when KoLmafia is doing the wrong thing because of a coding error, design flaw or some other oversight on the part of a developer.
A Feature Request is submitted when KoLmafia is functioning as designed but a user would like it to so something different.
New Content is reported when something is added to or changed in KoL itself and KoLmafia could/should be changed to support that.
A Bug Report, Feature Request or New Content notification can be made by starting a new thread at http://kolmafia.us/forumdisplay.php?24-Bug-Reports
There are several prefixes appended to threads in that section. Non-Moderators should only use Bug, Feature or New Content. The Moderators will change the prefix to indicate status.
- Bug - Confirmed indicates that someone other than the original reporter has been able to reproduce the bug.
- Bug - Not a Bug indicates that the behavior described as a Bug is actually what KoLmafia is supposed to be doing.
- Bug - Won't Fix indicates that bug exists but no changes will be made to fix it.
- Bug - Fixed indicates that code to fix the bug has been written and checked in to SourceForge, thus making it part of the next build.
- Bug - Cannot Reproduce indicates that no one besides the original reporter knows how to make the bug happen.
- Bug - Waiting for Info indicates that a developer has asked questions about the report and is waiting for the reporter to answer.
For both Feature and New Content
- Implemented means that KoLmafia has been changed in response.
- Rejected means that no code has been changed and none is likely to do so.
- Features are often rejected if it is something that can easily be done or has already been done, in a script.
The prefixes and the implied workflow are sometimes to developer's looking for tasks and developers planning releases.
It is worth reading http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?5934-Bug-Report-Procedures-(please-read-me) before submitting reports.
This thread http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4326-Show-Estimated-Damage contains some discussion which led to the creation of this page.