Making a Patch
Once you have the source code for Mafia successfully downloaded as in the Compiling from Source page, you will then need to make a patch, as the dev's don't let just anyone update the program. Fortunately, this is very simple, and once you have the patch, post it on the KoLmafia Forums for acceptance.
- Right-click on the KoLmafia folder on your desktop (this assumes you are using Tortoise SVN), click on "TortoiseSVN" and then "Create Patch...".
- A new window then appears. Tick all the files you want to include in the patch (this is probably all of them), and click OK.
- Tortoise SVN then merges all your changes into a single .patch file, which you can then post on the forums.
- cd into the folder where you did your svn checkout
- run svn diff > /tmp/patchname.patch (a list of filenames can optionally be included after diff)
- post the file on the forums for review