- convert is the boolean, int, string, item, class, effect, familiar, skill, or thrall to convert
This function looks for the best integer match to the specified input, which varies by datatype.
- boolean values return 0 for false and 1 for true
- float values return the same as they would with truncate()
- string values are parsed in several ways:
- fully numeric strings, optionally with + or - as the first character, return as they would for a float (commas are also ignored)
- all other strings return 0, with a message saying that the string is not a valid integer
- special datatypes (class, skill, thrall etc.) return their ID number as referenced in KoL.
Following example shows basic to_int operations.It gives the following output.
true gives 1. false gives 0. 3.141592 gives 3. 933,029 gives 933029. Mae West gives 1584. Disco Bandit gives 5. Smooth Movements gives 165. Hobo Monkey gives 89. Smooth Movement gives 5017. Penne Dreadful gives 5.